8 Natural Remedy Foods
People who are overweight can benefit from knowing which foods are low on the Glycemic Index. Also known as the GI, the Glycemic Index is a new concept in good nutrition. The GI rates foods based on how they affect your blood glucose levels and measures how much your blood glucose increases two or three hours after you ate. Utilizing the GI will assist you in preparing healthy meals that will promote weight loss. According to research, the key to losing weight on GI foods is to eat plenty of satisfying foods that your body cannot turn into sugar quickly.
Some health experts believe focusing your diet on Glycemic Index might be easier to follow than diets restricted in either fat or carbs. In a study, people on a low GI diet lost 1.7% more bodyweight than those on a low-fat diet. Adapting to eating low Glycemic Index, or GI foods has a long list of benefits but the most notable include:
1. Eating good carbs.
2. Promotes a consistent and gradual weight loss.
3. It allows you to eat all different kinds of foods – there are no foods you’re not allowed to eat.
4. GI foods are rich in fibre.
5. You have a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, and other natural foods rich in vitamins to choose from.
6. If you are a vegetarian, GI foods have a lot of choices for you to choose from.
To help start you off in the right direction to adapting to Glycemic Index foods, below is a list of low GI foods that will help you lose weight
- 1 detoxic. Oats and all-bran cereal
- 2. Stone Ground Bread
- 3. Legumes
- 4. Baked Beans
- 5. Low Fat Dairy
- 6. Fruits
- 7. Vegetables
- 8. Couscous
The Glycemic Diet is fast becoming the diet more people are using to drop their weight dramatically and there are more relatively new diets that are changing peoples lives by helping them lose a lot of weight very easily. Forget about low carb diets, they don’t work.