Evaluating the Cause of Osteoporosis
A human body or ‘human skeleton’ that consist of almost 206 bones goes through several developments. The skeleton includes many types of bones that are maintained by heart, brain, lungs, ligaments, cartilage and the muscles. The developments include generating new blood vessels and bones and retreating the old ones. If a human bone structure does not attend a proper development process, it means it is suffering with some deficiency. It can especially develop the causes of Osteoporosis or failure of the bone mass.
In a disease like Osteoporosis, a body loses a normal balance of bones and suffers with breakable and fractured bones. Nevertheless, researchers and doctors have found some of significant reasons of the disease:-
- Ageing and Menopause: Aging is a ruthless cause of occurring Osteoporosis, as the age increases in men or women, the bones starts become weaker due to the lack of proper Calcium and Minerals in the body. Women in the age of 40 to 45 or in the menopause or post-menopause condition face the hazards of Osteoporosis.
- Family History of Osteoporosis: If a person has a family History of any kind of bone disease or Osteoporosis, can suffer with the disease or can have a threat of having the disease.
- The intensity of Estrogen: The estrogen level in body always keeps the bones stronger. If one has a little level of estrogen, he/she can have a high risk of Osteoporosis. In women, menopause becomes the main reason of decreasing the estrogen level.
- Everyday Diet: Everyday diet of a man or woman always defines the strength of his or her body. A proper diet should include enough amounts of Vitamins, Mineral, Protein and Calcium in the everyday diet.
- Body Weight: If a person has a low body weight than a normal one can have this disease in the bones.
- Broken bones in the Body: If anyone has suffered with broken bones in the past or at present due to any reason, he/she can have a serious risk of Osteoporosis. Broken bones always worsen the Bone Mineral Density (BMD). As prevention one should always take care of the bones with any kind of Calcium or Mineral supplements.
- Calcium insufficiency: An insufficient amount of Calcium in the body always creates many of the bone diseases. Including calcium, the lack of Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, D or E and other necessary minerals like protein become a Cause of Osteoporosis.
- Intake of Caffeine, alcohol: Excessive intake of alcohol or Caffeine and even smoking can lead to various kinds of bone diseases.
- Medical Conditions: Some of the medical conditions can also lead to many of the bone sickness. Like for example, if a person has Hyperthyroid, it generates parathyroid hormone or PTH in a huge amount and becomes a reason to severe loss or weakness of bones. This is why; the patients of Hyperthyroidism are suggested to take Calcium supplements or tablets on a daily basis. If a person suffers with any kind of kidney problems he/she can also have a risk of bone loss as the kidney tissues can also become the cause of damages in the bones. Similarly, if the body is suffering with intestinal problem, it can surely affect the assimilation of Vitamins, Calcium and Minerals in the body.
- Medicines that cause Osteoporosis: The medicines that are been taken for asthma , intestine problems or arthritis or the drugs like Medrol, Cortisone, Deltasone, Cortisone, Steroids , prednisone etc plays an important role to destroy the system of bone density and becomes the Causes of Osteoporosis.